A discreet & comfortable silicone wrap to help prevent bit pinching & create a gentle feel that horses love. Essential BitTape is a new approach to a long-trusted training aid.
Versatile & Easy to Use: Designed for multiple uses depending on application & style of bit.
Cushioned Comfort: Softens the bit for sensitive horses.
Alternative to Bit Guards: Helps prevent pinching.
Aids in Bit Repair: Creates a smooth surface on chewed up bits.
Easy to Use: Cut to your preferred length.
Secure Storage: Resealable plastic bag keeps out dirt, air & moisture.
Regular Size: Regular size is 1” (2.5 cm) W x 120” (304.8 cm).
Directions for Use:
- Start with a clean & dry workspace to ensure proper adherence.
- Cut your desired length of BitTape. The average horse bit takes approx. 6-12", but this can vary with application or size of bit.
- Gently pre-stretch the BitTape material.
- Place the starting edge on the front of the bit to avoid creating a bump against the horse's tongue.
- Overlap the BitTape approx. 50% onto itself as your wrap.
- Once wrapped, squeeze the material firmly to ensure proper adhesion.
- If you see signs of wear or BitTape begins to loosen, cut it off, discard & re-wrap the bit with new material.
Tips & Tricks:
- Take your time! Once BitTape has adhered to itself, you will not be able to unwrap & re-use material.
- For best results, apply the minimum number of layers required (over-wrapping may reduce durability).
- Do not leave horses unattended with a wrapped bit in their mouth for an extended period of time.
- BitTape will generally last multiple rides, depending on the efficacy of application, the number of layers applied, the style of bit, how much the horse chews & other factors.
KEEP UP TO DATE WITH US
THE TAILORED JOURNAL
The highly-anticipated RG Italy | Rider's Gene Collection for Autumn-Winter 2023 has officially arrived in store and is now available for worldwide shipping. If you're looking to stay ahead of the ...Read more