The ledges at the outside of the mouthpiece prevent rubbing and help to prevent the bit being pulled through the horse's mouth. An inner steel cable runs through the mouthpiece, which is then covered in soft plastic and covered with non-toxic silicon for maximum comfort.
This bit is often suitable for horses that struggle to accept a conventional metal bit, and those with light or sensitive mouths that can nevertheless become strong and need a little extra control. The soft, elastic nature of the mouthpiece dissuades the horse from pulling and fighting the contact, as it is so gentle there is little for the horse to object to.
This kind of snaffle is suitable for horses with a strong mouth. It is reinforced in order to allow the ring to rotate.
Our customer care team is available Monday - Saturday 9am to 6pm
We're always happy to assist with...
- Size and fit advice
- Detailed product information
- Delivery questions
- Exchange and return queries
- Placing orders
To get in touch use one of the following resources...
Send email inquiries to: email@example.com
Need to call us:
- If you are in Ireland call us during business hours at 045 844 758
- From your mobile or outside of Ireland call us at +353 45 844758
- Send us a message on WhatsApp at 045 844 758 (IRL)
Send us message on social media:
We are available across all our social media platforms, please Private Message or Direct Message us if you need any assistance at the following
- DM us on Facebook at: facebook.com/tailoredeq
- PM us on Instagram at: instagram.com/tailoredequestrian
Poponcini bits are my go to bit for many horses, they are kind but effective on the horses that don’t accept many bits but can be strong.